We understand that privacy online is important to visitors and users of the LegalRocket website (www.legalrocket.com.au “the Site”).
The Site is operated by Sharrock Pitman Legal Pty Ltd trading as LegalRocket (ABN 50 163 550 767 the “Law Practice”). The Liability of the Law Practice is limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.
This statement governs our privacy policies with respect to personal information of visitors and users of the Site.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED?
- We do not collect any personal information from visitors to the Site who do not use the services or documents available on the Site.
- We collect the following information from those who do use the services or documents on the Site: names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, information on legal matters and such other data as the user may enter into the Site or provide in any subsequent telephone, videolink or email correspondence or conference.
- The Law Practice is ethically obliged to keep strictly confidential all information given by our clients and users to us.
- We collect information for the main purpose of assisting our clients and users with their legal matters. Unless consent is given, we will not use or disclose personal information for any other purpose.
- We assure our clients and users that their name, address, phone number and legal matter details are not provided to any other person or used for any other purpose.
- We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that a client’s or users personal information is accurate, complete and up to date whenever it is collected, used or disclosed. In order to be sure of this, our clients and users are invited to advise us in writing of any change to their personal details.
- We will take all reasonable steps to protect a client’s or user’s personal information from misuse, loss, disclosure, modification or unauthorised access.
- Clients or users are entitled to request that they be forwarded the personal information which we hold about them in order to ensure its correctness. If it is not correct for any reason, then we will take reasonable steps to correct such information. No charge will be made by us for either accessing or correcting information.
- In certain types of cases we may need to collect health or sensitive information relating to a client or user. We will only ever do so where the client or user has actually provided such information to us or has authorised us in writing to procure such health or sensitive information from another specified person.
- All of our clients and users can be assured that their private information is dealt with in the most highly professional and ethical manner at all times and for all purposes.